I’m sure all you mommas can relate with this post!
So here it goes, ten ways my life has changed since having a baby.
1. Days without showering. Y’all I can go like 3 or 4 days now without showering! Before I had my son in could maybe go 2 days. As long as I don’t have to go anywhere, I’ve just learned to embrace the stink! 😂
2. Who knows what this stain is. I find stains on my clothes daily that I have no idea where they came from. Bodily fluids are just a part of everyday life now.
3. Constant anxiety (maybe that’s just me) lol. You guuuuyyysssss. I’ve always suffered from anxiety but having a baby has made it much worse. I’ve got severe eczema on my hands from over washing (I’ve become a bit of a germ-o-phob) and even when I can sleep, I don’t because I’m worrying. Which is dumb because worrying doesn’t solve anything. But, the brain does what it does.
4. Running off of no sleep. I used to think I knew what tired was before I had a baby. Actually, as I write this post I have actually dosed off a couple times and woke up to keep writing. I had no idea what tired was. No. Idea.
5. Enhanced attention to detail. I notice every little thing about Holden. Any new tiny mark, any new sound, any new movement, etc. I was never this observant before having him. I’m hyper aware of things that could be dangerous.
6. No alone time. The only alone time I have now is when I’m pumping late into the night or if James watches Holden while I take a bath (which is rare).
7. Waaayyy more cleaning. Before having a baby, a little bit of messiness didn’t bother me too much. Now if the house gets messy it stresses me out.
8. Put the pets on the back burner. This doesn’t mean I don’t love or take care of my fur-babies but they are definitely not getting the attention that they used to!
9. Family time has become a priority. Not just time with me, James, and Holden, but the rest of our family members too. Siblings, uncles, aunts, grandparents, parents, cousins…spending time with family has just become so important. I want Holden to grow up around a lot of family; being surrounded by people who love him.
10. Putting another person before yourself. Now when I got married I thought I put my husband’s needs before my own (not in a weird patriarchal way, just because I love him) but I had no idea what that even meant. I have literally sacrificed my entire life to this tiny human and it’s SO worth it.
Can y’all relate? What changed for you when you had your kid (or kids)? 👇 comment below 👇
Follow me for more! 💞
-much love always!!