Tonight I’m going to let everyone in on how I deal with poopy diapers.
There are lots of different ways cloth mommas can deal with poopy diapers. Some of these include the dump and swish, the scraping off, or some use disposable or flushable liners. But, I spray my diapers off in the toilet.
I would use flushable liners but we use a septic system so we can’t flush any kind of products like that and I wouldn’t want to be wasteful by throwing them away. And before I got our sprayer I did use the scrape and dunk and swish methods. Let’s just say, I don’t miss that at all!
Once we bought a sprayer my life got so much easier! It took both me and my husband a little while to get it set up because it kept leaking everywhere. My husband was finally able to to tighten everything enough to where it didn’t leak.
Okay, so here’s what I do:
1. Change the babe and put him in his crib with his mobile on to entertain him.
2. Put gloves on.
3. Spray diaper (50% pressure and aiming down) and ring it out. Make sure to not spray too hard or poop will go everywhere! I’m telling you from experience. 😣
4. If there is any remaining stain I spray with Shout.
5. Toss in bucket next to toilet.
6. Spray off gloves and toilet bowl and flush.
7. Put gloves away and spray lysol on sprayer and toilet bowl. 😉
It really doesn’t take much time at all. I usually try to stay away from chemicals as much as possible but I’m also a bit of a germ-o-phob. So when it comes to the bathroom I use lysol. And I only use Shout if there is a tough stain.
This system keeps my diapers looking and smelling like new! Pic below of my setup! 👇
Follow me for more tips!
🗨 What’s your system?💬 comment below 👇
-much love always!!